- White fish
This recipe has taken a traditional lemon and butter accompaniment as a starting point and given it a twist, creating a smooth and slightly sweet and sour sauce, by boiling down orange juice and whisking in some butter and soy sauce to create a wonderful reduction. Edamame beans are very lightly and quickly boiled, maintaining their bright, green colour, crunch and sweet flavour.
London, England, UK
1 person made this
- 1.5L water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 320g pearl barley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300g radishes
- 160g edamame beans
- 10 spring onions
- 1L water
- 4 oranges
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 30g butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g cod
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:50min
- Pour 1.5 L water into a large pot and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the stock cubes and dissolve. Add the pearl barley and cook for 35 minutes, until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, wash the radish, edamame and spring onions. Cut the ends off the spring onions and cut very finely. Finely slice the radish and place the radishes and spring onions in a bowl of iced or very cold water.
- Bring about 1L of water to a boil and pour over edamame in a heatproof bowl. Leave for 10 minutes, then remove and strain under cold tap water.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges into a pot. Bring juice to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and reduce the juice to half its volume, until it is darker and thicker.
- Add the soy sauce to the reduced orange juice and whisk in butter. Season to taste with salt. Remove from heat.
- Season the cod generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the cod for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned on the outside, and moist and slightly translucent in the middle.
- Pour the soy-orange reduction onto plates, then add the edamame beans, top with the cod and the radish and spring onions. Add the pearl barley as a side and enjoy!!
This recipe has been provided by Gousto a new company who is offering a service that lets customers select delicious recipes online and then deliver all the fresh, organic and seasonal ingredients in perfect proportions to their doorstep. Visit our site to see what recipes are available this week.