An original recipe by taste and unusual in shape. The taste is similar to breaded fried cauliflower, but the shape is different. And here I can not describe a certain amount of ingredients used in this recipe. They do not require much preparation and are very tasty. It combines very well to taste in combination with fried fish and a white sauce.
- fresh cabbage leaves - 0.5 kg
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 0.5 glass of flour
- frying oil
- cow's cheese, drained well - 300 gr.
- an egg
- fresh dill
- 2 boiled eggs
- 150 grams of grated cheese
- one or raw
- marar -optional
- ground black pepper
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Fresh cabbage snitzel with cheese:
Prepare the cabbage according to 2 methods :
1. choose whole, softer, thinner cabbage leaves,
put in a polyethylene bag and put in the freezer to freeze. After the leaves thaw, they become very soft and you can work and wrap them without any problem. If necessary, remove thicker cattle.
2. Boil 1 liter of water with a tablespoon of lemon and a little salt. Extinguish the fire. Pour over the pre-prepared leaves and scald the leaves a little. , to become softer. Proceed in the same way as the leaves are prepared for sarmalute.
Prepare the filling: In the first case, mix the cottage cheese with the egg, salt and washed and chopped dill.
In the second case, boiled eggs are mixed with grated cheese, raw egg, chopped black pepper and a raw egg. Optionally you can use greenery.
Preparation of snails:
The soft leaves fall off, and a very thin layer of filling is spread over 2/3 of the leaf surface. It is wrapped in a cone shape. Do the same with all the leaves and the filling. After that, the received snacks are rolled in flour, once, a second time, and then rolled in beaten eggs. Fry on both sides in hot oil for 3-5 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Sarmale Ingredients With Sweet Cabbage
- 600 grams of minced pork (or pork mixture with beef)
- 1 sweet cabbage of 1 & # 8211 1,2 kilogram2
- 2 onions of medium size (80-100 gr./pcot)
- 25 ml. of oil
- a volume of 75 ml. of rice (preferably from the one with the round grain)
- 1 dill bunch
- chopped thyme + a few sprigs of thyme for boiling
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 250 ml. of mashed tomatoes
- 250 ml. of stock exchanges
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar and pepper
Sarmale Preparation With Sweet Cabbage
1. Put on the fire a small pot (4-5 liters) half full of water. Cabbage is cleaned of any fallen or ragged leaves from the outside. Wash well, wipe with a kitchen towel and pierce the spine with a knife.
When the water boils, add 1 tablespoon of salt and vinegar to the pot. Put the cabbage in the pot with the back up. Working with two forks, the leaves come off the hollow spine, pressing the cabbage into the water to allow the boiling water to enter there as well. After 1-2 minutes, turn the cabbage in the pot with a fork. The leaves on the outside, which will become softer, are detached, removed and placed on a plate. Repeat until we remove all the large sheets. We will chop the small sheets in the middle, we will not use them to wrap the sarmales.
Tip: a slightly longer option, but with less effort, would be to freeze the cabbage (whole), then thaw it completely. The thawed sheets will be soft and supple, only good for rolling cabbage rolls with sweet cabbage.
2. Cut the thick ribs of the cabbage leaves with a knife and divide the sheet into pieces of a size suitable for wrapping the cabbage rolls. I like to make sarmale as equal as possible, with a size of about 7-8 cm. length and 4 cm. diameter, so I also make sure that the pieces of cabbage are approximately equal (from some leaves I can get 3 cabbages with sweet cabbage, from others only 2 or 1).
3. For the cabbage stuffing with sweet cabbage, chop the onion and fry in hot oil until soft. Add the rice washed with cold water and drained. Cook everything, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes. Pull aside from the fire. After it cools, add the onion and rice over the minced meat. Add salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, chopped dill and fresh thyme leaves to taste. If you have a rejection reaction to the aroma of some spices or herbs, obviously you can rule them out.
Wrapping & # 8211 folding & # 8211 stuffing
4. Sarmales with sweet cabbage are wrapped / folded exactly like those in pickled cabbage leaves, without any difference. However, for young housewives who do not have much experience, I will describe how I do it. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling on the cabbage leaf. Not too much, because the sarmales will no longer be able to be packed well. One side of the cabbage leaf is brought above the filling. Starting from one of the free ends of the cabbage leaf, but not the one opposite to the bend, twist a not too tight roll, closing the filling in the middle. Do not squeeze too hard because the rice expands when cooked and we must leave some space.
We take the roll in one hand and with our finger we clog the free ends of the cabbage leaf inside. Gata sarmaua! If it helps, watch the video attached to the sauerkraut recipe in sauerkraut sheets.
5. Finely chop all the unused cabbage leaves, as well as the cut ribs and lay a bed at the bottom of the pot in which the sarmales will be boiled. Arrange the stuffed cabbage on top of the chopped cabbage, add bay leaves and thyme leaves (if you like) and cover with cold water. It is good to place a saucer on top of the sarmales with the bottom up or anything that could prevent them from coming out of the liquid during cooking, without crushing them, however. Boil the sweet cabbage cabbage with a lid, over medium heat, for 45 minutes, during which time the cabbage should be quite penetrated (check, pricking with a fork). Add the mashed tomatoes (or tomato paste, broth) and borscht, boiling separately in a saucepan. Boil the cabbage cabbage rolls without a lid for 15-20 minutes, to reduce the liquid a little and to fry well.
Serve hot, with or without sour cream, as you prefer. These cabbages with sweet cabbage are as good as those with sauerkraut and you will not feel that they lack their pleasant taste.
Cabbage pie ingredients
1 fresh (or pickled) cabbage
1 pack of pie or homemade dough sheets
2 yolks (for greased pie)
100 g sour cream (for a pie)
200 g hard cheese (for cabbage filling)
For homemade dough
100 g sugar (used for mayonnaise, to dissolve yeast)
200 ml milk (the amount can be exceeded, if necessary)
Candy in a calendar box
Chocolate fruit bouquet
Box of 4 chocolate hearts
How to make dough for cabbage pie
From 300 g of flour, 70 g of fresh yeast, 200 ml of milk and 50 g of sugar, prepare a mayonnaise that is left to grow in a bowl, then add the rest of the flour, eggs, the rest of the sugar (50 g), 100 ml of oil, salt, kneading a crust in the same way as for the cake, leaving it to rise covered.
From this dough, 20 lumps of dough will be divided into equal parts, being used with cabbage filling.
Ingredients for noodles with cabbage, fasting or sweet, Transylvanian recipe
- -200 grams of pasta
- -300 g fresh or pickled cabbage
- -3-4 tablespoons oil
- -1 small onion
Fresh cabbage with pork
Cabbage is an excellent refreshment, gives vitality to the body and vitaminizes it, mineralizes it, being also a mild laxative. It has a high content of vitamins A, B, C and copper. Because it is now fresh, I thought of making a cabbage dish with pork., -1 kg of pork meat, -2 fresh cabbages - about 2 kg, -1 kg of tomatoes, -500 ml borscht, -50 ml oil, -2 tablespoons tomato paste, -1 dill bundle, -10 peppercorns, -2 bay leaves, -salt, -m ground pepper, -pea pepper, -4-5 wild thyme threads.
Difficulty: low | Time: 1h 30 min
In a bowl, mix 1 kg of flour with 1 tablespoon of salt and warm water, until you get a soft dough, but not sticky. Pour the dough on the table very well powdered with flour and portion it into 10 equal pieces. We knead the dough balls well, cover them with a towel and let them "rest".
Meanwhile, we prepare the filling:
1. Cheese + egg + green onion + salt and pepper
2. 2 peeled potatoes and cut very thin slices + onion + 4 eggs + salt and pepper
3. Finely chopped fresh cabbage + green onions + egg + salt and pepper
From each ball we spread a round and thin sheet. Arrange the filling in the middle.
We pack as in the picture below. Grease the pies with beaten egg and fry them in the pan or bake them in the oven.
Cheese and ham pies
How many pie recipes can I write on the blog? I don't know yet but I suspect a lot, because pies are our favorites. If it weren't for the damn scales, posts with recipes like this would probably be very frequent, but we comply and don't exaggerate.
Ham and cheese pies are a tasty and versatile dish, meaning you can fill them with something else such as potatoes, cabbage or meat, depending on what you like. I preferred ham and cheese because that's what their children wanted, but next time when I make them I will fill them with potatoes or cabbage. Anyway, they are very simple, I prepared them immediately, I quickly kneaded the dough, I left it to rise, then I divided it, filled it and fried it.
Their success lies in the fact that they are thin and due to the way they are & # 8222 glued & # 8221, the filling does not flow, so you can put more than you can see in the pictures. Very important is the way of frying, I noticed from the pictures sent by the readers that many of the fried dishes are a little darker in color, the oil must be well heated but then the fire must be medium and when you notice that they brown quickly, pull put the pan aside, let it sit for a while to soften as they say and then put it back on the fire but at the right heat.
This is the only recommendation, otherwise I tell you that I use fresh yeast in pies, I like it much more than the dry one and of course wheat flour of 650, it is ideal for such dishes.
From the recipe below came out 8 larger pieces, I recommend you make them like this, they are even easier to prepare if they are bigger
Cheese and ham pies
- 500g 650 degree flour
- 25g fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50ml oil
- 250ml warm water
How to prepare pies with cheese and ham:
To start, rub the yeast with the sugar and add 50 ml of warm water and a little flour. Mix well and let it grow.
In a bowl sift the flour, add salt and mix then add the oil, the yeast and the warm water. We quickly knead a dough that will come off the walls of the bowl.
Put a little oil in a bowl, add the dough and let it rise covered for an hour. The trick with the oil is that the dough does not stick to the bowl, you will see that when you turn it over on the work table the bowl remains clean without traces of dough.
After an hour, sprinkle the flour on the board or table you are working on, turn the dough upside down and gather it in a ball that you cut into 8. Rotate each piece in your palms forming 8 smaller balls and let them grow on the table for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the ham into cubes and put the cheese on the large grater.
To make it easier for you to fry them properly, that is, not in a hurry, form all the pies at the beginning and then fry them.
Take a ball, spread it in a thin sheet of about 2-3 mm (see photo).
Put the filling on half of the sheet, leaving about 1 cm of free space on the edges.
Bring the other half of the sheet over the filling and with a fork passed through the flour press the edges. Then turn the pie on the other side and also press the edges with a fork.
Place the pies next to each other and fry them in hot oil on one side and on the other, then take them out on a paper napkin to drain the excess oil. Turn them over with a pair of pliers or two spatulas or other utensils but do not prick them with a fork, otherwise the oil will leak.
Serve hot with yogurt, ketch-up. You can prepare a sauce with yogurt and garlic or you can serve them with sour cream, they are very good.
And a little video to see how thin they are.
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.
500 g flour, 1 cup milk, 1 cube yeast, salted cheese, cabbage, oil, salt, pepper
Make a dough from flour, milk, yeast and salt that is left to rise. If the milk is not enough for the dough, add warm water. Until the dough rises, cook the cabbage and season well with salt and pepper.
Spread the dough for a pie, place a tablespoon of sauerkraut in the middle and spread again giving it a round shape. Fry an oil (my grandmother in the country fried them with a little oil on the slab). The same is done for those filled with cheese.
Serve with sour cream in abundance.
Try this video recipe too
Ingredients for Lychee with onion, cheese and egg, Transylvanian pie recipe
- It took:
- -1 kg flour (I used bread flour type 65 but you can also use 000)
- -20 g of yeast
- -100 ml oil
- - a tablespoon of salt
- -water as it contains (I can't give an exact amount because it differs from flour to flour)
- -1 kg onion
- -300 g cheese
- -3 eggs
- -50 ml oil
- -1 egg for greased
- -oil for greasing 2 trays
Preparation for Lychee with onion, cheese and egg, Transylvanian pie recipe
The leavened dough
Sift the flour in the bowl in which we are going to knead the dough at least once, if it is sifted several times the dough comes out much more aerated and easier.
Put the yeast, 1 tablespoon of flour and warm water in a cup and let the yeast activate. Put the salt over the flour and add the activated yeast and hot water a little and incorporate well, add more water and incorporate and so on until we reach the consistency of a harder dough.
After it is well kneaded, add the oil and incorporate it or, as my mother says, fold the dough with oil until it becomes homogeneous. Put a little flour on top, cover and leave to rise.
Now it's time to start stuffing. Peel an onion and cut it into juliennes. Put it in a bowl and add salt and rub it well with your hands, about 2 minutes, to soften.
Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion, put the lid on and let it simmer until the onion is cooked. Take the pan off the heat, put the composition in a bowl and let it cool. When it has cooled, add the grated cheese and eggs. Mix well.
Lychee with onion, cheese and egg, Transylvanian pie recipe
When the dough is leavened, we can start the lychee. Grease 2 trays with oil.
We take about 170-180 g of dough, we spread it about half a centimeter thick, we put 2-3 tablespoons of composition on it and we fold it so that the composition does not flow from it.
In the pictures you can see how I folded. From this composition I made 9 lychees.
Beat an egg and grease the liqueurs with it and put the tray in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. I have an electric oven and I used the top and bottom heat ventilation function.
I'm ready when they turn golden. We take them out of the oven, sprinkle them with a little water and cover them with a napkin. We leave them like this for 5-10 minutes, to go to God, as my grandmother would say.
They are served hot but are delicious and cold.
A very good and unique recipe.
If you want it to be fasting, do not grease with egg on top, but with water.
The recipe and the pictures belong to Ionela Luminita Streza and she participates in the competition & bdquoThe big autumn contest, with guaranteed prizes, without drawing lots & rdquo. You can find more recipes published by her here.
The average grade given by the jury for this recipe is 10.
Recipes with Gina Bradea & raquo Recipes & raquo Lychee with onion, cheese and egg, Transylvanian pie recipe