1. Soak the yeast with a little sugar and milk.
2. Melt the butter, take it off the heat and add the sugar, milk and mix very well. Leave it to cool a bit.
3. Beat the 2 eggs and the salt powder well.
4. Over the beaten eggs add the milk mixture.
5. In a bowl put the sifted white flour, add the yeast and the milk mixture with the eggs. Knead well. Cover and leave to rise for an hour.
The raised dough is divided into 4 rolls and depending on your preference you can make 2 braided cakes or 4 simple ones.
Roll out the dough, place the poppy seeds composition, roll it and place it in a tray for. cake, greased and lined with baking paper. Grease the top with egg and milk.
6. put them in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees.
Cozonac with walnut and cocoa & # 8211 tasty and very fluffy
If you want to put a fluffy and extremely tasty cake on the Easter table, then you must try this recipe. It's not hard at all, so even a beginner can do it. Following this recipe you will get 2 delicious cakes!
- 1 kg of wheat flour, 5 yolks
- 500 ml warm milk, 250 gr sugar
- 50 g of yeast, 15 g of salt
- a tablespoon of lard, grated peel of a lemon
- grated peel from an orange, a vanilla essence
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500 gr walnut kernels, 50 gr cocoa
- 200 ml milk, a hint of vanilla
- o esenta de rom
How is it prepared?
Dissolve the yeast in 50 ml of milk. Add a tablespoon of sugar and mix well, then let the mayo rise for 15 minutes. Then prepare the dough. Sift the flour into a large bowl, make a hole in the middle and add the raised mayonnaise. Dissolve the remaining sugar in the warm milk and pour the vanilla essence. Then put the milk in the flour bowl.
Rub 4 egg yolks with salt, orange peel and lemon peel, then put them over the flour. Melt the lard and grease our hands with it when kneading the dough. We will need to grease our hands often enough to incorporate all the lard into the dough.
After about 30 minutes of kneading, the dough should become smooth and elastic. Cover with a towel and place in a warm, leavened place.
Now we can take care of the filling, we mix chopped walnuts with cocoa, rum essence, vanilla essence and warm milk (we keep a little milk for greasing). After the dough has doubled in volume, transfer it to the worktop, sprinkle with flour and cut in half.
Each part of the dough must be spread with a rolling pin and greased with a part of the filling. Then roll the cakes and put them in two trays lined with baking paper, greased with butter.
Beat an egg yolk and mix it with a little milk. Grease the cozonacs with this mixture and put them in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes. When they are ready, take them out of the oven! Good appetite and increase cooking!
Cozonac woven with cocoa, poppy seeds and candied fruit - fluffy and very tasty!
It is a simple, quick and easy cake recipe, but with very nice results.
-180 ml of milk - in white dough and 5 ml - in brown dough
-2 teaspoons of dry yeast
-1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
-120 g of candied fruit
-1 teaspoon oil - greased form.
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1.Prepare the dough. In the warm milk, gradually add the sifted flour, yeast, sugar, vanilla, egg yolks, grated lemon peel and salt. Mix well, then add the soft butter and knead the dough.
2. Take 1/3 of the dough, add 5 ml of milk, cocoa and knead.
3.Place the white and brown dough in separate bowls.
4. Cover them with plastic wrap and put them back in a warm place until they double in volume.
5. Spread the brown dough so that it has the length of the form and the thickness of 3-4 mm.
6. Add the raisins, flatten them, let them into the dough and roll the dough tightly into a roll, lengthwise.
7. Divide the white dough into 2 parts. Spread it out like a piece of brown dough, spreading the poppy seed filling, keeping a little space on the edges. Roll another roll tightly.
8. Spread the second part of white dough and distribute the candied fruit, flattening them, then roll a roll.
9. Glue the 3 rolls to one end and knit them.
10. Line the rectangular shape with baking paper and grease it with oil (if necessary).
11.Place the braided cake in the form.
12. Cover the form with plastic wrap and leave the cake until it doubles in volume.
13. Grease the cake with egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 40-45 minutes, until the cake is browned.
Method of preparation
Cozonacs have been preparing for the world. Our tradition says that when you have a cake on the table, you celebrate. In its simplest form, it is a dough sweetened with sugar or honey, milk and eggs.
A type of cake with sweet cheese, honey and crushed walnuts, called & rdquoplakous & rdquo was prepared & icircn Greece. The Romans prepared cake with dried fruit or raisins and nuts and offered it as an offering to the gods. Later they began to prepare the famous panetone.
Maria Antoaneta, the famous queen of France, was noticed during a time of famine, following a phrase that was not very pleasant for most: "If they don't have bread, let them eat cake!" By the nineteenth century, as a dessert on the French menu, cozonac was often served. Unlike today, baking soda was used instead of yeast to help the dough leaven.
& Icircn U.K. The first cake recipe was printed in a cookbook in 1718, and for the first time the way of baking the cake in elongated trays was discussed, a shape that is most commonly used today.
We consume the fluffiest cozonac, with various fillings, & icircnsă I will present you a recipe full of filling. :)
Using the mixer, beat the eggs together with the sugar, then add the preserved milk and add 10-20 ml to homogenize the yeast. Add the hot oil and the dissolved yeast. Add the flour in the rain and knead lightly. You will get an elastic dough that you will leave to rise for about an hour, depending on the temperature of the room. If you use Tupperwere dishes, the leavening time will also be reduced automatically.
Simply mix the ingredients. Check the taste, it can be improved according to your preferences.
Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. With the help of the twister I cut a thin sheet. I & icircntins the composition of poppy seeds, then I rolled properly by str & acircns.
You can spread the dough medium and add a smaller amount of poppy seeds, so your cake will grow more and be very fluffy. I was asked if I had not prepared "Baigli", as shown in the recipe, no. That's how we like cozonacs, full of filling. :)
Once the cake is rolled, grease it with egg and leave it to rise for another 30 minutes in the tray lined with baking paper. Heat the oven in the meantime, keep the temperature at 170 degrees and bake the cake for about 35-40 minutes. It depends on the oven, so the baking is followed.
I filled the other cakes with walnuts, shit and candied citrus peels. Just as much filling and just as tasty.
Traditional Transylvanian cake
Traditionally, in Transylvania the walnut cake is the most authentic and traditional, being followed by the poppy cake. Cocoa cake was our favorite when we were little, so my mother made it without a doubt every Christmas, because otherwise it wouldn't get out of our mouths.
That being said, all that remains is to start preparing the most delicious Transylvanian cake, according to my mother's recipe, whom I thank once again for her skilful hands and loving soul!
Let's move on homemade fluffy cake recipe, as in Transylvania!
Poppy cake (fluffy, breaks into strips)
I can't believe that so far I haven't posted a cake recipe with poppy seeds, my favorite. As a child, I was the only poppy fan, so Dad made me a little special cake for me, with the aroma of poppy seeds, grated lemon peel and vanilla. It was my little cake that I enjoyed alone, with the greatest appetite, on holidays. Of course we also taste a slice of cake with nuts, but no one touched my fluffy poppy.
Last month my brother asked me what to put in my Christmas package and what do you think I answered? Mac, of course! All sweet or salty poppy recipes are my favorites. The first on the list, with the poppy received, from thousands of km away, was this fluffy cake that breaks into strips. If you want, you can put a few cubes of shit in the filling, but personally I prefer the cake only with poppy seeds.
The cake dough recipe can also be used for other fillings (with walnuts, cocoa, shit). It is a simple and quick dough that can be made even by those who have never made a cake.
If many years ago I kneaded the cake by hand, now the Heinner HPM-600RD Planetary Mixer helped me. While he was kneading the dough, I had time to take care of other household chores. And how many things are to be done before Christmas, right?
The Heinner HPM-600RD planetary mixer has a power of 600W and 7 speeds. It perfectly homogenizes the ingredients, and the elliptical movement allows the mixer to reach all the angles of the bowl so that the mixture is made correctly and completely.
It has 3 accessories: stainless steel wire, hook and cast aluminum blade. The 5L stainless steel bowl is durable, roomy and suitable for any mixture, from beating eggs, to kneading bread or cake dough. The planetary mixer has a safety system and an anti-slip system, for maximum stability.
And now let's start kneading this dough for the best poppy cake!
Cake with poppy seeds, homemade recipe & # 8211 Ingredients (1 cake)
- 400 g flour
- 75 g old
- 60 g butter
- 15 g of fresh yeast
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid extract
- 3 g salt
Poppy stuffing for fluffy cake & # 8211 Ingredients
- 200 g ground mac
- 125 g sugar
- 125 ml milk
- 20 g soft butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg white
- poppy seeds + 1 egg yolk + 2 tablespoons milk (to grease the cake and decorate)
Prepare fluffy cake dough step by step
How to prepare mayonnaise for cake?
- Put the yeast in a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of sugar (from the amount of sugar in the recipe) and rub until the yeast liquefies. Add all the milk, slightly warm (attention! The milk should only be slightly warm, not hot) and mix. In the mixture obtained, put 2 tablespoons of flour (from the total amount of flour) and mix until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with food-grade plastic wrap and let the mayonnaise rise for 15 minutes in a warm place.
How do we make fluffy cake dough?
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, egg yolk and salt.
- Melt the butter, then let it cool.
- Put the flour in the bowl of the planetary mixer and add the leavened mayo over the flour.
- Knead at medium speed until the dough becomes thick (2-3 minutes), then add the egg and yolk mixture and continue kneading for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cold melted butter, orange peel and vanilla and knead until the dough is perfectly elastic. In about 15-20 minutes, at medium speed, the dough becomes perfectly elastic.
- Put the dough in a light bowl greased with oil and let it rise, in a warm place, until it doubles in volume, no more.
Poppy cake filling & # 8211 Step by step preparation
- Put the ground poppy seeds in a saucepan, add the sugar, milk, butter, lemon peel and vanilla extract.
- Boil the mixture on low heat, about 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until you get a creamy composition.
- Turn off the heat and let the filling cool completely.
- Beat the egg whites until you get a fluffy foam and add it to the cold filling.
How do we form our delicious fluffy poppy seeds?
- Grease the worktop with a little oil and turn over the leavened dough. We divide it into two equal pieces.
- Spread each piece of dough (by hand, not with a rolling pin), in a sheet as long as the shape in which we will bake the cake.
I used a shape of 35 & # 21514 cm.
- Distribute the filling evenly on each piece of dough.
- We roll the filled pieces of dough, then we twist them, so as to give them the specific shape of a braided cake.
- Carefully place the poppy seed cake in the form lined with baking paper and leave it to rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- After it has fermented, grease it with the mixture of yolk and milk and powder it with poppy seeds.
- Bake the cake with poppy seeds in the oven preheated to 180 ° C, on the second stage of the oven, traditional program (with heat from both the bottom and top), for about 45 minutes or until the surface is nicely browned.
If the surface browns too much, we can cover the cake, after at least 25 minutes, with aluminum foil.
How to use the dry Easter cake. Gub with poppy seeds or corn pudding with poppy seeds and vanilla sauce
Guba with poppy seeds or cornbread pudding with poppy seeds and vanilla sauce (mákos guba) is a delicious dessert , originally from Hungary, and you can prepare it using a few slices of a dry cake, instead of croissants, informs savoriurbane.ro.
Ingredients for poppy pudding
- 3-4 large croissants (slices of cake)
- 500 ml of milk
- 3 yolks
- 85 g sugar
- vanilla (vanilla sugar, vanilla extract)
- 150 g ground poppy seeds
- 65 g powdered sugar
- 60 g raisins or dried cranberries
- 1-2 tablespoons candied orange peels and cut into cubes
Ingredients for vanilla sauce
- 500 ml of milk
- 6 yolks
- 100 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or 2 sachets of vanilla sugar or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
Grind the poppy seeds, mix with the powdered sugar and add a cinnamon powder. The croissants / slices of cake should be cut thin so that they are at most 1 cm thick. Beat the yolks with a pinch of salt and caster sugar until a light foam is obtained. Boil the milk together with the vanilla.
Beaten eggs are mixed with hot milk, which is poured lightly, then mix on low speed. In a heat-resistant bowl, add the sliced croissants / slices of cake, and mix the powdered sugar with the cinnamon.
Sprinkle poppy seeds with powdered sugar over each layer. The amount of sugar should be reduced if you use slices of cake instead of croissants. Raisins or dried cranberries, together with dried orange peels, are added over each layer. The last layer will be sprinkled with poppy seeds in abundance.
After placing the slices and sprinkling the poppy seeds with powdered sugar, pour the composition of milk and eggs. The liquid level should reach about 0.5 cm from the top croissants / slices of cake. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 170 degrees, they have a medium stage in gas ovens. The pudding is cut into small pieces and soaked in vanilla sauce. Good appetite!
Poppy goby. Photo source: Pinterest
Ingredients Cozonac With Walnut
- 500 & # 8211 550 grams of flour type 000 (fine flour for pastry, with a minimum of 10% protein content)
- 250 milliliters of milk
- 8 yolks
- 100 grams of powdered sugar
- 25 grams of caster sugar
- 25 grams of fresh yeast
- 100 grams of butter
- 25 milliliters of oil (sunflower, rapeseed, grape & # 8211 a vegetable oil with a neutral taste)
- 25 milliliters of rum (drink, not essence, keep in mind that alcohol is very good for leavened dough and if you prefer, you can use grand marnier liqueur or the liqueur you like)
- grated peel of 1 lemon (or orange, or both, mixed)
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla extract (or a sachet of vanilla sugar)
- 350 grams of ground walnuts
- 100 milliliters of milk
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated cocoa
- 25 milliliters of rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 raw egg whites
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tablespoon of milk to finish the cakes
- a little oil to grease the worktop
- optionally, 1 tablespoon of almond flakes
Preparing Cozonac With Walnut & # 8211 Video Recipe
Preparation Cozonac Fluffy With Walnut, recipe in text format:
All ingredients must be at room temperature, ie the flour will be weighed, sifted and left in a bowl at kitchen temperature a few hours before starting work, whole eggs are removed from the refrigerator in time, etc.
Preparation of scalded dough and pork
1. Put on the fire, in a saucepan, 100 ml. of milk, from the total amount recommended for the dough. From the flour, take out 50 grams and put them in a large bowl. When the milk boils, pour it over the flour in the bowl and mix vigorously until all the lumps are dissolved. The obtained paste is pulled aside with a spoon and spread on the walls of the bowl, to cool faster. The purpose of this scalded dough is to keep our cake fluffy and fresh for longer.
2. In the same bowl, without touching the scalded dough, which may still be hot, add the yeast and caster sugar. Rub the yeast with the sugar until it liquefies, and if the scalded dough has cooled, mix it well. Sprinkle this mixture with a little flour on the surface and set aside to increase until it doubles in volume.
Kneading the cake dough
1. Meanwhile, beat the 8 yolks with salt to intensify their color. Add the oil, rum and vanilla extract, then dilute everything with the rest of the milk (150 ml) lukewarm, in no case hot.
2. Put all the cake flour in a large bowl, in which it will knead (or in the bowl of the mixer, if you knead on the robot). Add the liquid ingredients, the mayonnaise prepared in point 3, which must already be raised and full of air bubbles, and mix with the mixer, to which the kneading accessory has been attached, or with 1 wooden spoon. If you knead by hand, as soon as you can no longer cope with the wooden spoon, start kneading. After the ingredients are homogenized and no dry traces of flour can be seen, add the powdered sugar in two slices and knead vigorously for another 5 minutes with the robot or 10 minutes by hand.
3. It's time to add to the dough, which will be soft and very sticky, soft butter, piece by piece. Do not add the next piece of butter until the previous one has been completely incorporated. After adding the butter, the dough begins to be easier to work with and less sticky. Knead vigorously for another 15 minutes on the robot or 30-45 minutes manually, until, if we catch a piece of dough with our fingers, we can spread it in a thin, semi-transparent film, without breaking. This is a sign that the gluten network has developed properly and that our dough is sufficiently kneaded.
Transfer the dough to a bowl greased with a drop of oil, cover with a damp towel or cling film and let it rise in a warm place, away from current, until it doubles in volume.
Prepare the walnut filling
In the meantime, we will prepare the filling: put the milk (100 ml) together with the sugar (200 grams) on the fire and boil it until the sugar dissolves. Pour this hot mixture over the 350 grams of walnuts in a bowl. Mix well, then add cocoa, rum, vanilla extract and raw (unbeaten) egg whites. Homogenize the composition and set aside, until we need it, it will harden quite well.
Fluffy cake with walnut filling, modeling
1. After the cake dough has doubled in volume, turn it over on the work surface greased with a thin film of oil, shape it into a rectangle and divide it into two equal parts (if you make two cakes) or leave it in -one piece if you only make one.
I made two cakes which I baked in two shapes of 26 & # 21512 cm, so I divided the dough in two and on each piece I divided in an equal layer half of the walnut filling, trying to leave around around the dough about 2 cm. without filling.
2. Roll the cakes as tightly as possible, bringing the edges inwards so that the filling is well insulated and place in the pre-prepared forms with baking paper, glued down.
3. As soon as we have placed the cozonacs in the forms, we grease them with a delicate brush with 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon of milk, then we cover them lightly with a napkin and let them grow in a warm place, away from the current, until they fill the forms up. During this time, preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
1. After our walnut cakes have risen to the upper limit of shape, we can optionally sprinkle them with almond flakes and then bake them in the preheated oven at 190 ° C, at an average height for 10 minutes. . During these 10 minutes the cozonacs will increase a lot in height and will brown quickly (the sweet dough browns quickly). Reduce the temperature to 180 ° C, cover the cozonacs with moistened and squeezed sheets of baking paper or aluminum foil and continue to bake them for another 40 minutes.
2. After baking, the cozonacs are left to cool on a grill, leaning on one side, because they are very fragile and can cross. Gently peel off the baking paper and then, after 10 minutes, turn them on the opposite side. Until they are completely cold, the cozonacs are not cut and before cutting, if we want, we can powder them with a drop of powdered sugar. When they are cold, they can be wrapped well in food foil and will keep well for a few days, remaining fragile and fluffy (more than 3 days in my case they never lasted, so I do not know what happens after that).
Method of preparation
We've been sifting flour since evening. ideally about three times because it becomes fluffier. In a bowl heat the milk with all the sugar and essences. Let it cool. Meanwhile, turn on the oven. in the kitchen it must be warm. We prepare the mayonnaise as in any cake: the yeast melts with a teaspoon of sugar + 2 tablespoons of flour + another 2-3 milk. Let it rise in the middle of the mound of flour. When the volume has doubled, add the whole amount of milk and five rubbed yolks. Now begins the most interesting part: kneading. From time to time we soak our hands in melted (and cooled) butter, we do not pour directly into the dough. Gradually patiently. we knead the dough with our fists, with our palms, we throw it back and forth for half an hour. Then leave it to rise in the heated kitchen for 40 minutes. Divide the dough into four, then spread each piece by hand on the table greased with oil. We fill with what we want (cocoa, walnuts, raisins, shit, chocolate flakes, etc.). We make four rolls and weave them two by two. and then hop in the pan (lined with baking paper and greased with oil). Grease with egg yolk mixed with a tablespoon of milk and sprinkle with sugar. Let it rise until it doubles the volume of our cake and bake for 50 minutes (after my oven).
The simple cake, the classic recipe of the classic Sanda Marin
The "mother" of cookbooks, the famous and always current Sanda Marin (1900-1961), has a recipe for cake without any filling, "picked" from the old and ancestral Bucovina , but so good and fluffy that it doesn't even need stuffing! In her well-known cookbook (published in 1936 and republished no less than 23 times!) Here is what Sanda Marin teaches us.
Ingredients for Sanda Marin's fluffy cake
- 1 kg of flour
- 7 yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 300 g of sugar
- 250 g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Milk as required (about 1/2 l)
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 50 g of yeast
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
How to prepare Soda Marin's fluffy cake
"Soak the yeast with a little warm milk (not hot because the yeast is scalded and the dough does not rise) and a piece of sugar. Separately, scald 3 tablespoons of flour with a little boiling milk, mixing well so as not to make lumps. When it has cooled enough, while the hand is suffering, mix it with the yeast and then beat well, until large air bubbles are made in it. Sprinkle a little flour, cover with a napkin and put in a warm place to grow. "
“During this time, rub the yolks, first with salt, to darken the color, then with the powdered sugar or, if it is coarse, passed through a fine sieve and poured a little over the yolks. Rub well until they become like a frothy cream "
Sanda Marin's fluffy, simple cake recipe comes from the north of Moldova, from the old and ancestral Bucovina
"When the dough is quite thick, pour it over the rest of the flour, sifted in a bowl and kept warm. Mix, adding the yolks, a little warm milk and the beaten egg whites. Knead for at least half an hour, bringing the dough from the edges to the middle. Add the oil, rum, vanilla, little by little melted butter, warm, and if the dough is too hard, add a little warm milk. Gather the dough in a bowl, cover with a tablecloth, place warm, away from water or the window and let it rise for about 2-3 hours "
"When it has grown enough, grease your hand with butter, take pieces of it, weave them on the dough table sprinkled with flour and put them in buttered forms. The dough should not reach half the shape. Let it grow, also hot, grease it with egg, sprinkle with coarse sugar and nuts or raisins. Put them in the oven on the right heat and keep them for about an hour. When they are ready, they are removed from the molds and left to cool, but not in a cold place or in the current. Raisins can also be added to the kneader, after they have been picked and wiped in a clean napkin. "